Sunday, September 5, 2010

Art Days are here again!

In between writing I'm spending lots of time working on journals and journal pages, every so often, going out into the garden to work and bask in the cool 70 degree temps and lovely breeze. And what should I discover when I came in but that one of my art journal pages has been featured in the Steampunk Empire photo gallery. Needless to say - I was thrilled since this is the first interior page from The Journal of Cecile Bainbridge, an art journal I'm making for my Upstate Steampunk events and travels where I dress in costume as my fictional protagonist from my steampunk novel in progress, The Foxglove Broadsides. 
I used Graphic 45, K Company, Boo Bunny and 7 Gypies papers and accents, a personal photo of me as my character, a photo of London, a handmade tag, vintage photos, vintage postage stamp and other embellishments.
On other pages, I've added photos from our Upstate Steampunk meetings, photos of my granddaughter in a Victorian hat, vintage photos of my grandparents and aunt,along with many of my favorite altered arts, scrapbooking, and art journaling embellishments,  Also photos of all my steampunk outfits which I have made or upcycled from thrift store finds or my old clothes dating back to the 60's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Analytics