Thursday, February 26, 2015

Getting Exposure

This is a  busy time! This month I'm starting to work on getting mire exposure for my work.  I'll be
donating some works to charity auctions and entering some juried shows.  I've already entered four pieces to a juried show in Columbia where they're having a black tie gala.  One of them is shown on the right, titled "Helena" it's oil on a wood panel and another is "Hope and Cynthia" or "Hope and Cynicism", pictured on the left.This one is oil on cradled wood.
  I also entered another figurative painting pictured in the last post which is called "Introspection" and is also oil on cradled wood and the fourth is a spring landscape of the foothills of the Blue Ridge painted on canvas, .
In addition  I'm donating an encaustic piece to benefit Safe Harbor, Goodwill, and The Family Effect during the silent auction at the Fluor Golf Tournament and gala in May  .  http://golfforgreenville.org/tournament/
I'm also excited that in March Greer and the Anderson Art Center will hold their juried shows. Anderson's is huge  with $25,000 in prizes since it's the 40th year. And there are many prices in various categories. 
Greer is only in it's sixth year so the prizes are less ($300.00) and while they accept a variety of media, they only offer Global Greer and Greer as juried show categories to tie in with the Greer Festival.  Global Greer can involve the upstate so I'm entering one of my landscapes of the foothills of the Piedmont in Marietta where I used to go hiking near Jones Gap.
I haven't decided on what to enter into  Anderson's yet  but we get to enter two  pieces. 
I've also been  busy, when not watching my granddaughter, Deven, finding more wooden surfaces at thrift stores and priming them. 
.I now have six boards waiting to be painted. 
I completed a new piece this week, "Three Nudes under Two Moons," my first acrylic in many years.  Deven was painting a jewelry box for her mother and we only have acrylics at my daughter's house.  .
My friend and awesome painter, Donna Nyzio sent me some links to how to market your art work  and trends in the art collecting world and it was surprising to learn that collectors are downsizing their collections and buying more from artist's studios where they can meet the artists or purchasing art sight unseen from online. 
I've finally updated my website at Gail Gray Studios but also wanted to do some juried shows and charity art auctions to get local  nd regional exposure.  Since I don't have my  work in the Village at the West End currently, I thought it was time to try this route. Donna's been getting her work into a number of juried shows,  but then she's a much better artist than I am a hundred fold.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Analytics