Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Steampunk ,The Velo Fellow & Tim Holtz kraft glassine

 
Timing sometimes appears like a gift.  I have to admit, I haven't been thinking much about steampunk lately.  But with photos from the World Steam Expo online, including the Black Ibis Tarot from the creative people at Insects & Angels, and the upcoming meet up this Saturday at The Velo Fellow, a steampunk pub if I've ever seen one, I'm getting back in the mood.  I have some vintage photos I want to copy and use in collage, but had little inspiration lately.  Not until just this morning when I saw the coloration of the tarot and here I was wondering how on earth I could get that same incredibly saturated sepia effect.  And then today Tim Holtz posts new instructions  and wow - it's just the right material especially since you can inkjet print on it.  I can't wait to get some and try this out.  Amazing stuff especially when it comes to Steampunk items.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Analytics