Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Vintage/Victorian mini album

 I'm still completing the finishing touches on the Vintage/Victorian mini album I'm making.  It will be one of the items I donate to the Upstate Steampunk Extravaganza.
I used a good many random pieces including handmade mulberry papers, Graphic 45, Tim Holtz, Bo Bunny and 7 Gypsies items, some of my own art and hand dyed handspun yarns, a photograph of my collection of alchemy type bottles, metal findings, envelopes, vintage stamps.  The first page includes a photo accordion foldout and there are a few photomats and journaling tags throughout.  Not as many as I should have included, perhaps.  I included a page made from papers embossed by Tim Holtz embossing folders on my Sizzix Big Kick and then accented with Distress Inks and Perfect Pearls. 
This book took me two days of constant work to do the bulk of the book and accents, but I'm still adding metal tokens, vintage stamps, ribbons and charms. 
The theme is "Secrets" and the album has to do with secrets, mystery, alchemy, longing, absinthe and temptation.
I've included four little reproductions of my own art, the drawings" "The Potter" and Nude form the Back" as well as the painting,m "Francois Burgogne" and a pull out ATC of the collage "Temptation."
I accented the cover with Tim Holtz grunge board elements - the placard holder and the scroll, as well as with a handmade flower made with Tim Holtz tattered flower die cut and then accented with distress ink and Stickles. Most of the papers I found at Big Lots and can't recall the maker although they always come in packs of six coordinated one sided papers and are always pretty.  Sometimes I find these packets at the dollar store. 
I made a few of the tag and ma making more, simply because I love to include lots of opportunities for journaling and I have so many vintage style rubber stamps I enjoy using on these shabby chic, grunge style albums.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Analytics