Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Steampunk: Horns of Ruin by Tim Akers

I heard yesterday from Suzanne Lazear at Steamed! Writing Steampunk Fiction! that I'd won a copy of Tim Akers steampunk novel, Horns of Ruin,
Needless to say I'm very excited. And not just because I'd won a book, and a steampunk novel at that, but especially because of the intelligent, insightful blogpost Tim wrote about the way writers are different.  Many times over the years of my weekly writers group we've discussed how different our approaches are.  And I have to admit, I never got a grip on it, until I read this post How I Write by Tim Akers.  
So as soon as I finish reading Horns of Ruin, I'll post a review. It already has a number of great reviews so I'm looking forward to reading this writer who originally hails from North Carolina and now lives in Chicago. Maybe it will be the inspiration I need to finish Orchidelirium, which is so close to being completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Analytics